The Ambassadors are a group of Chamber volunteers who are responsible for membership retention and for encouraging involvement of members in Chamber programs and services. The Ambassadors perform an extremely important function. Because the Chamber is a member and dues-based organization, membership retention is vital to the continued growth of the Chamber.
The Ambassadors keep members updated on Chamber events and encourage their participation to ensure that members see the value of their membership and renew their commitment to the Chamber.
- Encouraging members involved in Chamber programs and events so that they derive the most benefits from their membership
- Calling and welcoming new members to monthly Membership Luncheons and Business After Hours and other Chamber events
- Assisting the Chamber staff with member retention and new member development
- Professional networking opportunities
- Exposure on the Chamber’s web site through the Ambassador’ Club roster – with inbound web links to enhance your search engine positioning
- Ambassadors represent the Chamber and must be Chamber members
- Ambassadors are responsible for contacting their assigned members, inviting them to Chamber events and subsequently acting as their host at the event
- Ambassadors must attend at least 9 monthly Ambassador Member meetings, luncheons and Business After Hours per year
- Ambassadors must commit to a minimum of a 12 month term as a member of the group
- Ambassadors act as table hosts at the monthly Membership Luncheon events